Have you deleted your profile permanently and do you wish to engage in online dating again? In that case we advise you to create a new profile.
Use your profile to present yourself to other members. Write about your hobbies and other interests. Let poeple know what sort of relationship you want. The more relevant information you share, the more likely you are to find a suitable match. We recommend you to fill in the complete questionnaire.
Please keep in mind the following rules when you are writing your profile:
- Don't share personal details, such as phone number, home address or email address
- Don't share any details about your Personal Membership
- It is not allowed to advertise or promote any commercial services of products
- Members who insult or discriminate other members will be banned from the site. No refunds.
fiftyplusdating.co.uk stores your personal data for the duration of your membership. As soon as your membership ends and you delete your account, we will also delete all your profile entries, personal details and photos.
Sometimes it can be necessary to hide your profile; for example when you are planning to go on a holiday and you will not access your profile frequently.
You can change your profile status by accessing Settings. Go to profile status and change it to Not Visible.
Please bear in mind that this does not mean other people can't contact you. Members who have contacted you before will still be able to send you messages!
A profile photo will increase your chances of finding the perfect match. So make sure it is a good one! Here are a few guidelines for creating a good profile photo.:
- Make sure your face is visible. Avoid shadows and sunglasses.
- Choose a recent photo. Updating a photo from five years ago is a bit like lying. Time does change everything, including your appearences. So be honest about how you look now. There's no bigger turn-off than dishonesty.
- Smile! Studies show that smiling people are considered to be more attractive.
- Go natural. Let your photo show you as you really are. Use natural make-up and avoid heavy filters.
Uploading photos will attract more members. It is an important step in creating your profile.
Guidelines for creating a good profile photo:
- Choose a recent photo
- Make sure your face is visible
- Don't choose a photo in which you are wearing sunglasses
- Avoid photos with a distracting background
You can also upload more photos if you want. Unfortunately we cannot approve everything. Photos with the following content will be rejected:
- Photos with sexual content/nudity>
- Photos featuring more then one person
- Photos with a commercial content
- Photos which violate copyright
- Photos featuring personal data such as phone numbers and home addresses
- Photos with insulting content
If you are a Premium Member you can send us your printed photos. We will scan them for you. We can only scan photos that are not smaller than a regular passport photograph or bigger than an A5 print. We will send you an email as soon as we've uploaded your photos.
Do not forget to give us your home address, otherwise we will not be able to return the printed photos to you.
We offer you different ways to contact other members. Here are some tools you can use to get in touch with potential partners.
This is an easy way to let someone know you like his or her profile. Just click at the profile of the other member and access the Icebreaker. As soon as you click at it a few phrases will appear. Choose the phrase you wish to send to the other person by clicking at it.
Basic members can send three Icebreakers a day. Are you a Premium Member? Than you can send unlimited Icebreakers.
This tool will show you profiles of members you can either contact or discard. You will only see one profile at the time. It is not possible to go back to the discarded profiles. To access this tool, click on the Speed Date button.
Is there a profile that appeals to you? Take the initiative and send a message! All Basic members can send messages to Premium members, these are standardized messages. Do you have a Premium Membership? Then you can send unlimited messages to every member, both personal and standardized!
Complete your profile to 100%, including your interests
Consider your profile as your online business card. Let potential partners know who you are and what you are looking for. By filling in the complete questionnaire other members will get a clear picture of who you are.
Upload at least one photo
Everybody likes photos. You are more likely to be contacted if you have uploaded at least a profile photo.
Log in regularly
Log in to your account on a daily basis. Other members can see when you last logged in. If you don't visit the site on a regular basis, other members will likely avoid to contact you.
Use our tools to contact other members!
Send a message to a member you like. You can also use an Icebreaker or one of our other features.
Be generous in your Search Criteria
Avoid narrowing your Search Criteria too much. It is possible that a member who is a year older would otherwise impress you with their sense of humour or attitude to life. Wouldn't it be a pitty if you missed out on that person just because you narrowed your search criteria too much?
Show and view interests
Matches and searching
Costs and services
We offer 2 types of memberships.
The Basic Membership allows you to use all of our basic tools and standardized messages. As a Basic Member you can also contact Premium members. The Basic Membership is free.
Premium Members can use all the features for Basic Members. However, as a Premium Member you have access to other special features. For example, as a Premium Member you can use our Instant Messenger tool, send and receive personalised messages and search anonymously.
You can start using our services as a Basic Member. This membership is free of charge.
A Basic Membership allows you to:
- Create a profile
- Look at profiles of other members
- Upload photos
- Contact other members with an Icebreaker, Speed Date or standardized message
- Read messages from Premium Members
- Send messages to Premium Members
As a Premium Member you can access all the features fiftyplusdating.co.uk offers. In addition you can:
- Send messages to all members, including members with a Basic Membership
- View all photos
- See who has viewed your profile
- View full list of visitors to your profile
- See who has a Premium Membership
- Search for matches in your area
- Receive confirmation of read messages
- Search anonymously
- Block members
- Use our services without having to deal with advertisement
- Enjoy the benefits of our contact guarantee
You can pay online by selecting the Premium Membership of your liking and entering your preferred method of payment. We accept the following methods of payment:
- Bank transfer payment
If you wish to end your Premium Membership, we ask you to give us at least a 7 days notice (a week before your Premium Membership ends). If you do not notify us on time we will automatically prolong your Premium Membership for one month.
Have you recently purchased a Premium Membership and do you not wish to use it? You have the right to withdrawal within 14 days without giving any reason. More details on how to withdraw visit ourTerms and Conditions section.
Safety and privacy
CategoriesAccount Profile Pictures Contacting members Show and view interests Matches and searching Costs and services Safety and privacy
Questions? Contact our help desk!